The Holy Monastery of Xenophontos has existed from the time of Saint Athanasios the Athonite, or the 10th century.
The monastery honors the memory of Saint George the Trophy-bearer.
Two mosaic icons, of St. George and St. Demetrios, dating from the 14th century, are treasured in the monastery together with the wonder-working icon of the Most Holy Virgin «Odigitria» (Directress).
Within the monastery there exist two main churches, or Katholicons, one of which is older and was painted in 1544 by Anthony of the Cretan School, and the other of which is newer and was painted in 1809. Both churches honor the memory of Saint George the Trophy-bearer.
The Holy Skete of the Annunciation of the Most Holy Virgin belongs to the H.M. of Xenophontos.