The Holy Monastery of Pantocrator is located on the coast of the northeast side of the peninsula, at a distance of one and a half hours from Karyes.
The monastery celebrates the feast of the Transfiguration of Christ (August 6th).
It was founded in the 14th century by the great military commander Alexios and his brother John the great «Primikirios.»
In the Katholicon of the monastery the wonder-working icon of the Most Holy Mother of God, the «Gerontissa» (Eldress), is treasured. The frescos that adorn the Katholicon are of the Macedonian school.
The Holy Skete of Prophet Elias, which was built in 1892, belongs to the Holy Monastery of Pantocrator.