The Holy Monastery of Dochiariou was built originally in near Dafni by Euthymios Dochiaris, a close disciple of Saint Athanasios, and it was dedicated to Saint Nicholas. Soon thereafter, however, pirates destroyed the monastery, after which it was rebuilt in the location where it exists today.
After a miracle by the Holy Archangels in which a young boy was saved, the Monastery of Dochiariou began to honor the memory of the Holy Archangels on the 8th of November.
The icon of the Most Holy Mother of God «Gorgoypikoos» (She Who is Quick to Hear), is treasured in the Holy Monastery of Dochiariou. It is a wall-painting and is found outside of the Refectory in a special chapel. Daily an appointed hieromonk chants the service of supplication to the Mother of God for the help of Christians.
The Katholicon of the monastery is quite high and was painted by Tzortzis in 1568. The frescos are magnificent. The iconostasis and the covering above the holy altar, both woodcarvings, rich in design and decoration, are considered the most beautiful on Athos.